Monday, January 19, 2015

Update from High Risk Doctor

Update Jan 19

I apologize for the delayed update as I know many of you are curious as to how our visit with the high risk doctor went today.  Overall, our high risk doctor feels that the baby is doing really well in all aspects other than the progressing heart failure.  He feels that the progression is not unexpected and at this time is not causing any other symptoms of concern (like hydrops).  But to be safe he is having us follow-up with his colleague, Dr. Gomez, on Wednesday.  Dr. Gomez is the colleague we saw way back in week 29 who had recommended my initial admission to the hospital. My high risk doctor feels that from this consultation one of three things will be recommended: immediate delivery Wednesday or Thursday, admission to hospital for continued monitoring of baby's condition attempting to reach week 37 or beyond, or we continue on outpatient basis checking in every other day until delivery is appropriate.  So once again the possibilities are of a wide range and we don't really know what to expect.  I have gone ahead and cleared the rest of my work week in case I do get admitted to the hospital for delivery or monitoring.  Overall, we are very pleased to hear that our baby girl is remaining strong and meeting all other markers like a healthy baby would.  Heath and I were also able to meet with the Neonatologist (NICU doctor) today to get a better understanding of how our daughter will be cared for immediately after delivery and thereafter.

Since our lives are potentially changing very soon, Heath and I decided on one last date night tonight so we went to the movies to see American Sniper.  It was a very powerful movie and was interesting to watch when an adverse situation is impacting your own life.  It gives you a whole different viewpoint on situations like that.   

Thank you again for all of the love and support that has been continuously showered upon us.  We ask that you continue to keep all three of us in your prayers as we get closer to welcoming our baby girl into this world.  We pray for her strength and overall health.  We pray for the doctors and healthcare providers that will care for her and I in the upcoming days/weeks/months.

5 comments:

  1. So glad I got to see you today especially since you're going over to see Gomez Wednesday!! Hugs !! If he does recommend delivery will you still be at Kennestone? Praying for you guys tonight and always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad I got to see you too Julie. I do believe we will still be delivering at kennestone. We are so appreciative of your prayers and help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juli will you be scanning us tomorrow (22nd)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! You're coming back to my office? I'm there all day. Our schedule is bananas tomorrow I didn't see you on there but I'm there all day!!

      Delete
    2. Yes we are being worked in at 2. Have to be monitored daily now!

      Delete