Tuesday, January 6, 2015

34 Weeks

34 WEEKS

I am 34 weeks pregnant today!  Our baby girl is still growing and getting stronger inside of me instead of inside of a warming bed in a NICU!  It's hard to believe that it has already been 4 weeks since we were sent to the hospital with the expectation of delivering a baby by week's end.  While being inside of me isn't necessarily protecting our little girl's brain, at least we know she is in the best place possible to keep developing the rest of her organs and she is continuing to put on fat, fat that will nourish her nerves and hopefully strengthen her brain too. She continues to show good stability and that is what we continue to hold onto for hope.  While 34 weeks was our first benchmark we wanted to meet for her safety in delivery, we are now hoping for 36 weeks and even 38 weeks!  

I just wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for following along in our journey towards becoming new parents.  I want those of you that have reached out to me to know how much your words of encouragement and hope have helped me along the way.  In trying to process our situation, I can quickly become overwhelmed by all of the unknowns.  Your encouragement, prayers and belief in our abilities as new parents have all helped me tremendously to remember to hold onto hope for our little girl to be able to heal and get better despite the current diagnoses.  Many of you have said to me that you feel helpless and wish you could do more for us but truly your words of love and encouragement are worth more than you could possibly know.  Knowing that you are sending prayers up on our behalf help me to keep having faith. You all help to lift my spirits and help me to focus on cherishing this time that I have with our little girl kicking around in my belly.  

Thank you to all of our family and friends :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Keep growing baby girl! Stay strong, both of you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete