Saturday, November 12, 2016

3 Months Old

3 Months Old

Mr. Bodey Boo is 3 months old now and so much has changed!!  Mommy and Bodey spent 3 weeks together alone when daddy went back to work.  It was challenging to manage housework, yard work, cooking, grocery shopping, the dog, diaper changes, feedings, playtime and exercise by myself.  We've been lucky enough to have a super easy baby and yet the daily to-dos were still really challenging to manage.  I totally get why the SAHM job is so tough.  But we had a wonderful time getting to spend so much time together and super lucky to have an awesome daddy that would come home and jump right in to taking care of the baby and helping prep him for bedtime.  

Then it was finally time for me to return to work too.  Bodey's first day in daycare was only a half day trial run while I prepped for a new pumping schedule, got my work schedule figured out and then spent my last afternoon off work chilling with our sweet baby.  He did great and we like his teacher, Sam.  Being back to work isn't too terrible because I do love what I do so my mind is always busy working at helping people get better.  Plus I have the added bonus of choosing to go nurse Bodey at lunch.  I love getting to spend a little chunk of time together in the middle of the day!  I've also adjusted my schedule so that I am only working four 8 hour days instead of 10 hour days.  It feels like a vacation being done with work at 4pm instead of 6pm.  Although our routine when we get home takes until about 6pm between unpacking bottles, nursing, getting a bath and taking care of Coalie and if I'm really lucky getting dinner started.

Bodey and I get up at about 4:45am in order to have him ready to leave the house with daddy by 6am and I leave about 15 minutes after that.  Bodey struggled with the new schedule the first week but has been adapting nicely.  Where he used to go to bed at 9:30 he now goes to sleep between 6:30 - 7:00p.  He continues to sleep through the night consistently.  Heath and I have actually been in bed between 8:30 to 10 pm every day this past week.  That is crazy early for us!  We are both fighting a bit of a sinus cold though so we have welcomed the early bed time!

Right before he started daycare I was worried that he wasn't taking in enough milk each day so I tried a bunch of remedies to increase my milk supply including extra pumpings, homemade lactation cookies, taking fenugreek and using geranium essential oil.  It seemed to work to increase my supply quite a bit and Bodey is taking more and more milk in his bottles at daycare.  Since we don't have a doctor's visit this month I decided to sneak him onto the dog's scale at the vet the other day and it said he was 13.0# which is a bit under weight but hopefully not too bad.  I guess we'll find out at his 4 month doctor's visit.

This past month Bodey has changed so incredibly much!  I do feel like he has grown a ton and he seems so long now!  He is a champ at tummy time thanks to daycare.  He works on seeing himself in the mirror at daycare.  He kicks his legs around so much, brings his hands and feet together and plays with the toys dangling over him.  He now picks up toys, passes them between hands and brings them to his mouth.  He loves sneaking his finger, thumb or whole fist into his mouth whenever he can.  He is super smiley, especially when I greet him with a very singsong "OH HI CUTE BABY!"  He has started giggling more lately too!  He also sings and coos tons which is my favorite sound!  He can roll to his side and often likes to stay on his side to play.  Over the past couple days he is so close to rolling all the way over.  

This month he got to go to his first Packer's game which was against the Falcons down at the Georgia dome.  My uncle Rick and cousins, Daniel and Joshua, came to spend the night while they were traveling back home to WI from Panama City.  We decided to go to the game so Bodey got to take his first MARTA train ride to downtown Atlanta.  I took him in the Boba carrier and he wore his noise cancelling ear phones and he was a perfect baby.  He slept through the entire game except for when he got hungry but nursing him was no big deal with my nursing cover.  I'm pretty sure every single person in the entire dome doted on how cute Bodey and his little Packer's booties were!  It was a very close game which was exciting to watch but unfortunately the Pack lost in the last minute.

This month also meant Bodey's first Halloween!  I enjoyed dressing Bodey up in cute little Halloween outfits all week that he had received from family and friends.  We took him trick-or-treating in our friend's, the Gunning's, neighborhood like how I tagged along last year.  Bodey was dressed up as an elephant but it was unexpectedly 85 degrees out so he didn't wear his complete outfit with Alabama jammies underneath and a bama elephant hat.  He was still pretty cute though and he was quite the trooper for the walk around the block.  Coalie got to come along with her butterfly wings to honor Millie.  It was pretty special.  

hiking Pine Mountain near Cartersville overlooking Lake Allatoona
Practicing my reading
I love looking at my toy. This one is special, it used to hang over my sister's NICU incubator

I'm a Bama baby just like my daddy




mini Heath


I'm cute when I sleep too

My very first day at daycare. Everyone did really well


My first ride on the MARTA train with my cousin Daniel too!


Me, Mommy and the Lindner boys cheering on the Pack
I loved meeting my great-uncle Rick and cousins Joshua and Daniel


I slept most of the game like my Grandpa Mark sometimes does :)

My first official Packer's game!!!

Can't blame a guy for getting hungry
My first Halloween. My angel sister.


Ele baby
Hiya!!  Bodey Bones

This is before I spit-up all over my costume

My first Halloween!  My puppy Coalie is super cute too! She makes a beautiful butterfly
my first trick-or-treating with my family




Tummy time at daycare, I'm getting so strong
Baths after daycare are a must


Me and daddy about 40 years apart in the same awesome alabama shirt
Celebrating my big sister Millie for Infant and Pregnancy loss awareness month
My cute dimples and adorable smile makes me very popular at daycare

2 weeks versus 3 months--growing like a weed :)

1 comment:

  1. He's such a cutie! I love seeing all of the pictures of him! I miss that [big] guy!!!!

    ReplyDelete