Sunday, July 10, 2016

Showering Baby Boy

Showering Baby Boy


 My husband's step-mother and family were unable to throw us the shower they had planned for Millie because once we learned she was sick I didn't want to travel too far and everything was so day-by-day.  So when my mother-in-law told me they would throw a shower for our son I was nervous at first but as soon as we started planning it really helped me to move into the belief that we will bring this baby home.  It also felt really special to honor our son with such a meaningful celebration.  My mother-in-law suggested a family-style shower which is certainly nontraditional but did wonders to ease my anxiety of being the center of attention during an event that could easily turn emotional for me.

May 22 ended up being a gorgeous (hot) day on their back porch with many friends and family joining us in celebration of our growing family. 

We started the day by visiting his big sister

Momma with Grandmas
Yummy treats and gorgeous decor 



I loved the beautiful gingham decorations with blue glass vases and sweet baby's breath flowers


Our beautiful hosts Mamaw Rita, Aunt Jenine and Aunt Jennifer
Granpa Mark
 
Pawpaw Jerry and Great-Aunt Jane
Spoiled!!! 


Long time friends 

Beautiful music from beautiful family with beautiful voices

Sweet cousins inquiring all about baby in belly & particularly intrigued by the poking belly button!!  
 

 Heath and I felt so much love this day and were able to connect with so many family and friends.  

One of the challenges during a pregnancy after loss is being able to balance our emotions and love for both of our babies that we are not holding in our arms.  It is easy to feel guilty when we shift our attention away from Millie and feel like we give our son too much attention but then we feel guilty if we don't honor him or have faith in his survival.  We are so loved as a family of 4 though because my mother-in-law did such an amazing job of incorporating Millie into the shower with butterflies throughout the decor and this special table setting.



 Heath and I have also been extremely blessed with supportive co-workers throughout our journey.  They all express their joy in our growing family and we were blessed enough to be showered by both sets of co-workers.

From my work...




And from Heath's work...




 We feel so incredibly blessed and loved by all who have helped us celebrate our daughter and our son.  We can't thank you all enough but please know how much your support is greatly appreciated 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you shared this post. It was nice to see pics of the shower for baby boy! And I didn't know you had ones from work too! That was really thoughtful! Glad you guys are so well loved and supported! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete