Saturday, July 11, 2015

Landon's Legacy Activities

Here is more from Landon's Legacy...

Meeting and spending time with beautiful mamas from all over the world:

*spending time at the lake shore hanging out together, canoeing and kayaking














*Working on our personal growth by journaling, shouting our emotions to the world and celebrating together




 *we went on a hike to a spiritual area of Petroforms which are rock formations made by native Indigenous Peoples.  This was a very meaningful hike where we made medicine bundles that we offered to the spirits in honor of our babies.  We also met Ron, an elder that is the keeper of the grounds, who taught us a lot about this spiritual place just down the road from our resort.
Ron teaching us about this 4 sided rock/animal spirits

The Grandmother Rock

So emotional to connect with Millie's two great-grandmothers that she is named after via the Grandmother Rock

My medicine bundle that I made in honor of my sweet baby Millie Moo

We entered this sacred circle, walked around it in meditation and then performed a smudging before presenting our medicine bundles wherever we felt moved to provide our gift to the spirits


I found this horse mama watching over her baby pony and I felt moved to leave my baby's bundle here

My Millie Moo

Our group after this very meaningful trip to the Petroforms

*Hiking to beautiful waterfalls while racing the threatening weather
L to R: Savanna from Oregon, Krista from Saskatchewan, Kat from San Fransisco, Maria Elena from Yucatan, Mexico
Yoga Posing L to R: Kaiti from Manitoba, Me, Sai from Los Angeles







Emma from Vancouver and Julia from Frankfurt

Karin from Sweden and Jenna from Austin

Kaiti, Karin, Julia and Wardy from Texas
*Closing ceremony, honoring our beautiful babies, strong mamas and so much growth
My memento of Millie for our altar was a picture of my precious girl smiling.  She got so many sweet compliments from other mamas about her cute smile and it always warmed my heart!

The bittersweet moments watching the sun set as we prepare for our closing ceremony


Our beautiful altar to all 25 of our hearts in heaven

Writing our baby's names in the sand

Offering rose petals to travel the waters and winds













The entire group of mamas that were brought together by the loss of Landon and the loss of each precious baby.  We are part of a group that we never wanted to be a part of but a group that understands our rolls in this new life better than most.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Lis. That's an adorable picture of Millie. I miss that smile and that beautiful face! I really like the Grandmother rock and horse rock formations that you were drawn to.
    I didn't realize how far some of thre ladies had traveled. I figured it would be mostly Americans and Canadians. I think that's really cool. I always thought it was such a blessing, how Millie attained so much love from such distant places during your pregnancy and her life. It's neat to see that your babies are still uniting you all with love, literally from all corners of the world. I think that's such a blessing and such a BIG thing for someone so little to be able to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos are primarily taken by me but I did grab a few from some of the other mamas at the retreat. I apologize for not remembering exactly which ones deserve the proper credit.

    ReplyDelete