Sunday, April 17, 2016

Millie's Angelversary

February 19, 2016

One year since we watched our baby girl take her last fighting breath while cuddled in her daddy's arms.

There are no words to describe what this day feels like.  I spent 23 days from January 27 to February 19 reliving every moment that I could possibly remember with her.  There were very happy, very sad and very normal moments to be relived.  These brought me happiness, deep sorrow, pure joy and lots of love.  I took time off work to grieve when I needed it and spent many moments reliving memories with Heath.  I also found a local support group that was started by another mom of infant loss looking to connect with other local mothers of loss which is a perfect fit for me.  These women are quickly becoming my newest friends as we share something that no other friend can truly comprehend. 

Again I could feel myself dulling my emotions as Feb 19 approached but it helped to have my parents, Laura and Woody back in town to help us take our mind off the sorrow and celebrate being together. We spent the day in Alabama with Heath's dad and step-mom.  The boys played golf in the morning, we visited Millie as the sun set over her resting place, we had a dinner feast together and then released lanterns to the heaven for her.  It was a peaceful and perfect day spent together remembering our perfect little angel!





































 We love you and miss you every single day sweet millie clara

2 comments: