Monday, September 21, 2015

The Dance

The Dance


Facebook has this sentimental feature where it reminds you of memories past.  Today it reminded me that 1 year ago Heath and I were at the Garth Brooks concert.  I think I may have blogged about the concert last year after we went but I really, really enjoyed myself at this concert.  More than I possibly could have imagined.

This concert is also particularly special because it was the first time that I could say for sure that the funny feeling in my belly was my baby moving.

My baby wasn't doing any old moving though, she was dancing right along with me to Mr. Garth Brooks himself.  I was in pure joy, truly taking in the moments, feeling many reminiscent flashbacks to my high school days and feeling so lucky that my life's path had lead me to Atlanta.  To this city where 5 years later I would get to see Garth Brooks in concert for the first time in the same Atlanta arena where I went on my first date with my southern country husband.  I couldn't contain my happiness as we were dancing to the music while we were blissfully pregnant with our first child.

 

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

How could these two naive and blissful expectant parents have ever known that exactly 5 months and 2 days later we would be playing The Dance at our daughter's funeral.

Looking back on that wonderfully joyous memory from one year ago today,

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance 


 The very next day we got to see our baby girl for what should have been the last time before we got to meet her in person.  Here is our baby girl on Sept 22, 2014 before we knew she was a girl and when we learned that her brain had a choroid plexus cyst.  A cyst that we were told would definitely resolve itself but as a courtesy the doctor would see us again for an ultrasound in 8 more weeks to double check that it cleared up.  The courtesy ultrasound would be the one that in deed confirmed the resolution of the cyst but also found her enlarging heart and set in motion the rest of our days with her.

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king

No comments:

Post a Comment